Then about three quarters of the film in it took a strange turn...How would you like to see this group when you were out surfing Chuns Reef?
DA HUI... They talked gingerly about the street gang known for beating the crap out of teenage kids coming in from other parts of the world. When we surfed the North Shore back then you just left the water when they pulled up and paddled out as a group. They were thugs and would not hesitate to beat on you. I have strong opinions on low life's beating up other people.

They kept interviewing Eddie Rothman questioning him about the beatings and threats on Ian Cairns, Rabbit and Crew and all he could say is "don't know nothing about that". He came across as a thug who was proud of beating the crap out of the people trying to surf and change the game. These people made him rich through his company after surfing became more mainstream.
Costco had Da Hui stuff on sale last summer, rash guards and cheap t shirts. I had to tell my wife that I wouldn't wear it. I couldn't support this street gang turned entrepreneur.

No comments:
Post a Comment