Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rule #19 Never Bail Your Board, Never Ever Ever Bail Your Board


Ok...Yes I have bailed my board...

many times.

Not in the GOP Congress way (finding Jesus and not wanted to approve Obama's stimulus after they spent a fortune on the war), but when it is big enough you just let go.

But I contradict myself. Let me revisit the Etiquette page telling me not to let go of my board.

go ahead and click to read
But I am sticking with the rule. Realistically I am out surfing 3 foot Leucadia most of the time. The last swell we had it was reaching head high and as I was paddling out this wave breaks in front of the guy in who was right in front of me. He doesn't look back or assess the wave he just lets go. I didn't say anything. I swallowed my anger and just paddled away warning others of the impending danger if you end up behind him.


There are situations where there is no hope.
However I want to hold on to something that floats when it gets bigger. Like having Krugerrands while the Dow goes over the falls at Teahupoo.
My Juinor High School friend Derrick Dorner said in his interview about whether to bail or hold your board at big Sunset..."Hold on even when the west peak sneaks in. The part of your board that survives the impact might be what keeps you alive"
As the economy goes further down think hard about this rule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you holding some gold coins?