Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sunset Practice Surfing Pipes

Here are some shots of Pipes at sunset yesterday. The clouds created some cool colors.



We used to have 'surf practice' when I was in school. We called it Cutting Class.






The parents go out surfing with kids on the middle school team. There are some really good surfer parents too. Here is one of the parents going left and Lucas on the right. Yes I am glad I got them away from the standard sports. Here is a practice where you can surf and get points for taking your kid to 'practice'.


The colors changed on almost every wave as the sun went down. I should probably send these to David to figure out how to get them a bit better

Here is the last wave out all by himself right before dark.


Even though this was team practice there was some soul tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sports are all about the act of movement. Team sports are so overrated. I played B-Ball and Volleyball in high school. While it was fun to hang with my teammates, practice sucked. I never felt that way with surfing, which is probably why it is the only sport I still do. I tried golf, but hate the douchebags who play, get drunk, bet, etc. Surfing is the life.