Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Grandview Surf Cam Dilemma



Grandview North San Diego Surf Spots


We've just added a new camera in North County at Grandview. Check it out here.


Dilemma

noun

1. a situation requiring a choice between equally undesirable alternatives.
2. any difficult or perplexing situation or problem.
3. Logic. a form of syllogism in which the major premise is formed of two or more hypothetical propositions and the minor premise is a disjunctive proposition, as “If A, then B; if C then D. Either A or C. Therefore, either B or D.”

Our spot has grown up
I am trying to boycott it but have already looked at it three times this morning. Like our spot is some secret mysto spot. Still the overexposure can not be good.
We used to have just the weather radio with reports on the buoys that I actually could make sense of. Now, like everyone I try not to look at the wavewatch, wetsand, surfshot or surfline but I do.

8 comments:

Da Man said...

Yeah, I saw that a couple days ago. I understand the dilemna. Of course, for me Grandview was ruined when the public beach access was built. A lot less people made the hike in the pre-stairs days. As a kid, I had to hike down from Ponto or hope one of my friends was home at Sea Bluff so I could use those stairs as a shortcut. Now, I just pull up to the parking lot, walk down the stairs, and charge it. It has its plusses and minuses.

Anonymous said...

I have seen fights out at the mainpeak at Grandview over the last few years. It is now a full local prick spot. There are 3 surf kook schools and plenty of tourists all summer. It is over.

Larry Kelp said...

I have a noaa weather radio I listen to for ambience. I can also watch Dean's waves, and the boogie board girl's waves. I have that camera on my computer screen like a radio, so I have a constant view of The View. Why fight em, when you can join em? I feel like I just moved into a house on Neptune with a view window overlooking the peak.

Anonymous said...

kooks

Unknown said...

I am working to get these pulled.
I live in SeaBluffe and the guy is violating our CC&Rs since he is making money to host these.

Anonymous said...

LOL WHINERS

Too late. The place is already filled with kooks. Yah, you know who you are.

It's ok though. More obstacles = more challenging.

Think SLALOM.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, like Grandview is a secret spot? Surfshot.com has been shooting daily Grandview photos/video with reports for years. Surf schools, contests, and public parking there equals more crowds. More so than another camera there in my opinion. Get over it or travel somewhere else outside of Southern California to find uncrowded waves. The 70's are over.

Crash said...

What's the big deal. Surfspot has been photographing Grandview for years. I agree with Corn Doggy put it on your screen and enjoy the view. Why fight progress when you can take advantage to the situation.