Friday, December 19, 2008

"I'm not sure of much of anything these days. Maybe that's why I talk so much." ...Rober Pirsig

In my defense we have this rain issue compounded with lack of waves I can't help going back to the blog and blathering.

It was time to pull out :
'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance : An Inquiry Into Values' Robert Pirsig
With all this rain and non surfing I felt I better read about Bob and son going insane on a motorcycle trip.


Pirsig talks about the need to stay rational and use down to earth examples of what needs to be done to keep moving. Maintaining your motorcycle, moving down the road from here to there. Stay with me cause here is the bridge-we have to use examples of how we will stay healthy to get past where we are (rained out and flat) and move on.

I am going to start my plan to stay within the realm of sanity for a surfer who can't surf over the next week.

1) Work Out -I have been going to the ECKE Y and working out but I am going to try to go every day until I can surf.
2) Control my true addiction....Coca Cola not that diet stuff the real good Coke Classic with enough sugar to embalm a corpse.
3) Don't be a moody prick during the holidays. I have never been much of a Christmas guy but I live in a house with 4 kids that are starting not to sleep in anticipation.
4) Read 4 good books not trash over the holidays.
5) Maybe get one of those indo board things and learn to cross foot
6) Make a good dinner for my wife.
7) Learn to do something new and start the path. This doesn't mean I can start playing Call of Duty 5 on xbox and declare victory.
8) Plan. A. Surf. Trip. For. Spring.

No comments: