Here I am in line like a White Trash Warrior waiting to stampede the Walmart security guard.The line started about 9am for Surfride to open this morning. They had a 20% off Wetsuit sale today only. There were about 20 other people in line. There was a kid in front of me who was in high school waiting for his pyscho 2 wetsuit like me. He had been saving for 6 months which was pretty forward thinking for a 10th grader.
Well I was just as stoked as the kid next to me. I quickly took it home and tried it on again, pet it, looked at it and took this picture of it: Oh yea

"Life is too short to have a bad wetsuit" is was Bob Wise of Wise Surfboards in San Francisco told me when I was on my Winter Break from San Diego State back in 1980. I just received my student loan for $2500 and Bob wanted about a hundred of it...here is the math to convert the money in real dollars today:
$2500 x ((1980 bad music - new thrusters on the market) + (Beer money - price of Olympia Beer(B=Olympia))/ College + Tuition $250 per semester (no kidding) (C=Fun) x future chance of graduation - job at Safeway(Future F= better get employed when graduate)) + Plus real world needs (beer money $27, Food Semester Card $75, new board $190., new wetsuit, $100) + Responsibilities (R=0) Total real dollars today =$1,764,009.03
Well I was rich at the time of course and Bob was right Life is too short for a bad wetsuit. Thank you Mary, Nick, Christie and Mary.

2 comments:
Maybe I should get a "Psycho" wetsuit to fit my personality?! Congrats - nothing is worse than being really cold in the water. My XCel nfiniti is quite nice too. Ed turned me on to those. You think the Patagonia crew would have been more accomodating. Especially for $600 bones!
It is a Hannukah miracle. The "Pscho" has brought a new hope to the winter. I hope I can use it before I become Pyschotic! But I am easily entertained Chris
Post a Comment